Section for a Culture of Prevention
The ISSA International Section on Prevention Culture promotes a preventive safety and health culture through worldwide cooperation under the objectives of the Seoul Declaration on Safety and Health at Work and provides a platform for cooperation to enhance a worldwide prevention culture.
The ISSA International Section for a Culture of Prevention was established by the Bureau of International Social Security Association (ISSA) in June 2011, and became the 12th International Section
of the ISSA's Special Commission on Prevention.
The International Section for a Culture of Prevention has the following objectives:
- To promote a preventative safety and health culture through global collaboration in order to achieve the objectives of the Seoul Declaration on Safety and Health at Work, adopted at the Safety and Health Summit of the XVIII World Congress in Seoul, Republic of Korea, on 29 June 2008;
- To provide a platform for cooperation to enhance a worldwide culture of prevention and to share knowledge and experiences.
The Section will:
- Arrange support events to promote the values and objectives of the Seoul Declaration;
- Organize conferences, symposia and seminars to facilitate the exchange of knowledge and experience on a culture of prevention;
- Establish working groups to address relevant topics raised by its members;
- Collect and disseminate information, knowledge, and publications regarding a culture of prevention at work, including information on the Section’s activities.